How deeply are regulations intertwined in our daily lives? What laws and codes have affected our lives, and in what ways? We crowdsourced these questions in our class today.
- Compulsory Education
- Driver’s licensing laws (specifically, for 16 and 17 year olds)
- Also, paying for speeding tickets for 17 year olds)
- Robbery – less likely to be robbed.
- Hacking – less likely to be hacked.
- Allowing women to take on credit debt.
- Jury duty laws. Specifically, lack of limitations of frequency.
- Visa procurement laws. Long, complicated process.
- Requirement for police statement re: good behavior.
- Konami code: cheat code that allows more power-ups in most games.
- CMD+Spacebar. Search through all your files.
- CNTL+0 resets browser view to standard.
- Hard drive encryption. Stolen drives are protected.
- Photoshop layer creation/movement. Allows you to fix errors easily.
- CSS protections on old DVDs.
- Power+Enter on Macs automatically shuts down.
- Remote webcam access. Asst. Principals spying on students.
- advertisements. Annoying interruptions.
- “Are you sure you want to leave?” Annoying interruptions.
- Double-tap in Instagram “likes” instead of zooms. Not intuitive.