For next time, I’d like to focus in on some critiques written just this week about the impact of digital networked media architectures/structures on the outcome of the US presidential election.
- Emilio Ferrara, “How Twitter bots affected the US presidential election“
- Sam Sanders, “Did social media ruin election 2016?“
- danah boyd, “I blame the media. Reality check time.“
In addition to these, if you have extra time, the following pieces are recommended as well:
- Julian Dibbell “A Rape in Cyberspace“
- Vinton Cerf “Internet Access is Not a Human Right“
- Eli Pariser, “Did the Facebook study kill my thesis?“